(alias: Cal Cooley)
I have over 30 years of professional experience entertaining children and adults. I have worked in all types of settings, from private home visits and parties to hosting and entertaining at large formal and civic events. After years of focused effort, I have finally matured into possessing my very own real, white beard and “jelly-bowl” belly, so I am also available for print and video work year-round. I am meticulous in my attention to detail in both my clothing and personal grooming. I am an excellent communicator due to years of public speaking and theater work, and remain in-character at all times when in costume or in the presence of children.
Education, Certification and Credentials:
Doctorate of Jollyness
St. Nicholas University (Class of 1643)
Certified Master Toymaker
International Association of Elves (IAE)
Member in Good Standing
International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas (IBRBS)
Various venues and positions throughout the United States and Canada
10/78 – Present
• Spent the last 38 years “earning my beard” through amateur and paid appearances in a wide range of venues and circumstances.
• Designed and created a multi-tiered professional certification program for out-of-work (non-flying) Reindeer that was then adopted as a standard program for all current and future Reindeer North of the Arctic Circle.
• Managed a staff of senior Elves tasked with coordinating toy making and Business Process Improvement for all manufacturing facilities in the North Pole area of operations.
• In charge of all strategic gifting initiatives, to include initial project design, staffing, creating stakeholder buy-in and level setting, organization of all staff training and development of training tools at both regional and international levels.
Santa in Residence
Kaiserslautern Military Community,
09/12 – 12/14
• As the Santa-In-Residence for various military organizations and facilities in and around the Kaiserslautern military district in Germany, I created and/or participated in a range of entertaining events that provided military and civilian employees of the U.S. government working in Europe a taste of home. These events required flexibility, sensitivity, kindness, caring and creativity to accomplish. In addition, they also required a range of corporate-level professional skills such as: Project Management, Customer Service, Time Management, Personnel Management, etc.
• Managed a small staff of entertainers tasked with coordinating all aspects of a busy, retail-based customer service environment. Including: musical presentations, photo-ops, child wrangling, and creative problem solving in a multi-lingual environment.
• Kept Mrs. Claus and the Elves from suffering any pre-holiday meltdowns.
Disneyland, Anaheim, CA.
09/77 – 7/81
• Wore a range of furry costumes and large shoes to impersonate Disney animated characters in holiday parades, shows and for in-park atmosphere.
• Discovered the personal joy of giving children and adults a sense of wonder and delight.
Legendary Gift Giver and Saint
March 15th 270 A.D. – Present
• Spent hundreds of years learning (and then teaching) the value of kindness and generosity to heal the heart and soul.
• Figured out how to fit down small chimneys, make reindeer fly, and how to compress the space-time continuum one night of the year. (And let me tell you, that is MUCH easier said than done!)
• Met and married Mrs. Claus, the sweetest wife and companion a big elf could ever hope for. (Mrs. Claus is also available for events, resume and picture available upon request.)
Past basic competency in Japanese and Spanish with familiarity in German and French.
Experienced National and International Traveler. (With a current Passport)
Experienced and accomplished entertainer and presenter.
Member IBRBS (International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas).
Current Background Check and Proof of Insurance Available upon Request
Member Mensa... (Meaning: I can outthink a normal 5 year old about 30% of the time.)
Unites States Military Veteran
Currently employed full time for the Fish and Wildlife Service but with a flexible schedule.